New Hardware - CO monitor

Waggotamp
Alfred

Would it be possible to switch out temperature/humidity for a CO sensor? Or just add one to the board?

Re: New Hardware - CO monitor

AlfredC
Administrator
I am looking into adding new sensors to LiV.

I think the best way to do this would be to have additional sensor nodes connecting to LiV over WiFi. The sensor nodes would have their own power supply/battery and would be easy to move around as long as they stay in WiFi range.

When it comes to CO sensors, my main concern is the accuracy and calibration of such sensors. CO is a lethal gas, so any measurement errors could have very severe consequences.

Analog sensors like this one: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9403 require individual calibration in a controlled environment.

Ideally, I would like to use factory calibrated sensors (just like the CO2 sensor) but so far I didn't find any supplier so I am trying to figure out ways to reliably calibrate analog sensors.

If I can find a CO sensor that connects over I2C, I could connect that directly to LiV and do some testing before I commit any resources to this project.

Re: New Hardware - CO monitor

AdrienB
Hi Alfred,
Did you make any progress on this ?
I would be super interested to connect other sensors easily.

I am still using your Liv Pi and they are working really well !!!

just would like to upgrade them now ;)

Adrien

Re: New Hardware - CO monitor

AlfredC
Administrator
Hi Adrien,

Happy to hear that your devices are working well.

I didn't add any other sensors to LiV, I have been working lately on green-house custom projects where temperature, humidity and CO2 is all you need.
I also wrote some code to support Sonoff for automation tasks: http://www.livpi.com/9-setup-sonoff.html (you probably received the recent LiV Pi email update )
Regarding new sensors, my main concern is accuracy: I am a bit reluctant to work with analog sensors due to calibration issues.

I am considering adding a PM sensor to LiV, but I can not tell if and when that's going to happen.
If I do that, I would be happy to send you one or two new sensors for testing.

Best regards,
-Alfred

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM, AdrienB [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alfred,
Did you make any progress on this ?
I would be super interested to connect other sensors easily.

I am still using your Liv Pi and they are working really well !!!

just would like to upgrade them now ;)

Adrien

http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/New-Hardware-CO-monitor-tp79p185.html
To start a new topic under New Features, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from General, click here.
NAML

--
Alfred Chioiu
Founder